Saturday, August 09, 2008

It's a start, thanks to Bart

Well, it looks a bit, um, rustic, but it's a start (or a restart, more accurately). This is un-dyed Romney yarn spun from the wool of one of our sheep --Bart the sheep, to be specific. Shannon bought Bart at a rummage sale years ago. Bart is a very lucky sheep, considering that the people selling him assumed he'd become her dinner, rather than her pet. He makes good wool. I'm using some batting from a few years ago to get back into the spinning game. This is a simple 2-ply yarn. Nothing to write home about, but I'm happy just to be spinning again.
Other than spinning, I'm working on getting the Imagine Peace pattern up. I have very little computer time these days as I share a laptop with a facebook-loving husband. And more than that, I'm feeling a real drive to craft and actually, gasp, read a real book made of real paper! That translates into less time online, which is really ok. But I do have to type up the pattern and work out the kinks, plus figure out how to go about creating a graph for the lettering and peace sign motif. Once those hurdles have been jumped, I can go ahead and post it. I have completed one thing I felt I needed to do regarding the publishing of the pattern, and that is to knit up the 2 year old size of the vest. I'll post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I love that you are spinning again -- good ol' Bart! I am also reading an actual book for the first time in forever. Refreshing, isn't it? I am going to ask Drew if he will be my friend on Facebook -- teehee!