Eh, not the best picture I've ever taken, but you get the point. Mr. Greenjeans is progressing. I finished the main part of the cardigan and will begin on the sleeves tonight. Here's the kicker, though. You may remember, Gentle Readers, this post, in which I described a moth infestation in which some lovely alpaca yarn was partially eaten. Well, this is the yarn.
In theory, I have plenty of yarn to complete this project as it is written. But 3 of the 8 skeins of yarn were partially or entirely damaged by the little flying devils. I've used all of the undamaged skeins, which means I'm now in salvage mode. Not all of the yarn will survive, unfortunately, and as a result, I will most likely make this a short-sleeved cardigan. That's really alright with me. I actually envisioned it as short-sleeved when I first saw the pattern, so I'm not crying buckets yet. As long as the sleeves look decent, and I have enough yarn left over for the button band, I will not mourn the yarn lost to the moths. I think I will have enough and will know for sure soon...
5 years ago