Friday, July 11, 2008

Mr. Greenjeans KAL --The Beginning


I'm immersed in my KAL for the Sleeves Off and Buttons On Ravelry Group. The project is Mr. Greenjeans, a top-down cardigan. This is the first time I've done a top-down sweater. I have no idea why I haven't done so before. It's way faster then bottom-up, is knit in one piece instead of several (meaning minimal finishing, which I hate doing), and best of all, I can try it on as I go along to make sure that it fits.

I'm also smitten with the yarn, Araucania Atacama. It's hand-dyed alpaca and knits up so nicely, I'm already dreaming of living in this sweater, even though I'll be finishing it at the hight of summer.

I was at first very doubtful that I'd actually finish this sweater by the end of July, but barring unseen circumstances, I think I'll make it. It's going quite fast so far. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm off of work till the 28th. Even with a baby, household work, internet distractions, etc., there's a lot more time to knit without the stinky old job interfering.

Can't wait to be able to post the finished project... Gotta get back to knitting!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

OH that is going to be beautiful!! I can't wait to see it!!