Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Ants in His Pants

Here's another soaker made from Michelle's pattern. I designed the ant motif, which you can probably see best in the picture below. I can't decide if the ants are decipherable or not. Drew says they are. At any rate, I'm happy with how the soaker turned out. I tell you, I cannot get enough of knitting them lately.
And apparently, I can't get enough of taking lots of pictures of the finished project. Here's a bunch more, for your viewing pleasure:





And just a final word about wool in the summer. It seems like an odd thing to put on your child, but I tell you, they are way more breathable than plastic. I haven't conducted a scientific study, but it seems as though they don't trap as much heat in as plastic (either disposable or wraps over cloth). And they are way lower maintenance than you would imagine. We air them out between uses, but they never smell. Wool is amazing!

3 comments:

Michelle, Queen Behind the Lens! said...

Looks like ants to me! :) Yup. Nylon, fleece or pul + baby girl + heat = smelly baby girl! Much prefer the breathability of wool.

Jessi said...

I see the ants! Very cute.

Mimi said...

I love baby pics and those are soooo cute! Those are surely ants, good job!