Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Garterlac Dishcloth

My friend Beth made some lovely dishcloths using garter stitch entrelac. I've never done entrelac, and thought a small dishcloth might be a suitable introduction. The next day, a ball of Peaches n' Cream dishcloth yarn appeared on my desk, courtesy of Beth. I could resist no longer: That weekend, my first handknit dishcloth was born. My darling house husband has asked for a total of 7. I will surely make a couple more from this pattern, but have also been searching on Ravalry for a few more ideas. There is no want for dishcloth patterns, let me tell you.

If you have never knit a dishcloth and can't figure out why anyone would want to, consider this: They are quick to make, useful, make good gifts, and cost next to nothing to produce. Whenever I'm between projects, I might just have to whip one up!

No comments: