Sunday, November 25, 2007

Liam's Little Green Blankie

This blanket almost ended in tears. After starting a pattern, which I absolutely loved, I realized it was taking me far too long to finish. I didn't think I'd ever finish before the recipient's birth. I am happy to report that as of today, the blankie is finished and is in the hands of the expectant parents! I decided to create a crocheted boarder around the knitted checkerboard pattern to speed things along. As anyone who both knits and crochets can tell you, crochet is about 1o bazillion times faster than knitting. It also allowed me to do a fun and creative boarder. Crochet saved the day!
The end result is still smaller than I originally intended, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I threw
it on top of my sleeping babe and realized it was the perfect size for a newborn. I decided to be happy with it the size that it ended up as, rather than order more yarn and continuing to add on. In fact, this would have killed the project at some point, as two of the edges are self ruffling, and the ruffles would have just gotten larger and more unruly had I continued to add rows.
But enough already. I am very happy with the result. Hope little Liam likes it too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it and I'm sure Liam will, too, once he's out in the world! Thank you so much. It is so beautiful and soft. All the hard work you put into it really paid off!