Monday, November 05, 2007

Bunny Button Bunting

This is the bunting pattern from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Kid Knits, which I knit for the babe while I was pregnant. I believe I referred to this pattern during one of the last entries I made before temporarily abandoning this blog. So, as promised, long ago, here is the finished piece. You can see a few more shots of it on Planet Silas. Here's what I wrote about this project on Ravelry: Although the size on this says 0-6 months, and I have a fairly big baby, this always seemed big on him till recently. I must admit that this bunting never looked quite right to me after I made it--until I put it on Silas. He sold it for sure. One of the things I loved about the original pattern was the hole for the car seat buckle to go through. However, I didn't like the hole in the front of the pattern, so I created a pocket to cover it. Had I put Silas in this bunting when he was littler, this would have worked great in his infant car seat. However, we've had to move our tall child to a convertible seat with a different harness. This harness doesn't work with the new seat, so we missed our window for that. I've pictured him in his old seat, for demo purposes...

No comments: